Sunday, March 11, 2007

re: R


My goals here are to think through problems of historiography and theory, to question my own understandings of the political and the ethical as they relate to my reading, my writing, and my life. I am particularly interested in the narratives we construct to frame our identities and to inform and justify our actions---I am interested in what makes a particular story compelling in a particular time and place, and in historical memory and the affective power it can command. I am also interested in imaginings of the future and in our assumptions about what might make a more perfect world. On my current reading list: Hayden White, Dominick LaCapra, Michel Foucault...

2 comments:

A E S L said...

did we get the same photographer?

Rebecca said...

I don't know about you but I did mine with color pencils