Sunday, March 11, 2007

ar-I: underground in springfield


For me, Homer and Hegemony is about gaining the knowledge and creativity to unplug ourselves from the Matrix. I am curious how the single breath becomes a conspiracy, and how the spark of life reappears after centuries of death. I come to this blog via many paths, all of which repeatedly converge on a redwood forest near the northern california coastline. My purpose is to dissect the belly of the Beast while recognizing that there are beasts within each of us. My hope is that someday we will all be asking different questions from a higher plane of consciousness, but I fear that day will come too late. I am interested in exploring costellations of all shapes and sizes, from the microscopic to the intergalactic. Eternal fires burn beneath (post)modernity's electromagnetic glow. Can we stoke them? My reading list includes Karl Marx, Antonio Gramsci, Edward Said, Eqbal Ahmad, James Clifford, Gabriel Kolko, Amy Kaplan, Michel Foucault, Lisa Simpson

1 comment:

A E S L said...

You are such a new age intellectual...