Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Over the weekend

I was recently in Chicago for a conference in which I presented. I learned many things about what others in my "field" were doing, in particular I learned what others felt about race, being Asian American, hip-hop, activism, political resistance, and culture. At this moment I'm still sorting through my thoughts and I'll post them soon. Let's just say I was very surprised by how people worked through concepts and what concepts they thought were important. In addition, after attending plenty of sessions, and talking to as many people as I possibly could, I've grown even lonelier in this intellectual pursuit. Although, one of the saving graces of the weekend was getting a chance to meet Dr. Barnor Hesse from Northwestern. His presentation and comments alone, I believe, shifted the questions asked at the conference toward a slightly new direction. Searching around I found this article written by him and Dr. Salman Sayyid. I think AR-I in particular will find it amusing.

A war against politics?


P.S. korean food+noribong+soju=good night, horrible morning...

No comments: